How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for Bank & Insurance Exams
– shared by bunny
Part a arithmetic
1 Number system
3 hcf & lcm
6 ratio and proportion
7 profit and loss
9 simple interest
10 compound interest
11 time and work/pipe and cistern/ boat and streams
12 time and distance
13 permutation and combination
15 approximate value
part b algebra (quadratic equation or equation and inequations ( only comparison)
part c data interpretation (mainly calculative)
part d sequence and series
part e data suffiency
long list………………………………………… but this is only syllabus …….. Now first of all some previous years question pattern ..
NOW IMPORTANT CHAPTERS :-
1. DATA INTERPRETATION
a. Line graph
b. Table chart
c. Pie chart
2. SIMPLIFICATION / APPROXIMATION ( part of arithmetic)
3. NUMBER SERIES
4. QUADRATIC EQUATIONS ( part of algebra)
5. ARTHEMETIC OR WORD PROBLEM ( NOW ONLY IMPORTANT CHAPTERS )
And if you have time:-
Compound /simple interest, time and distance , mixture and allegation
Note : speed maths / calculation is very important in case of D I & simpl/ approx..
Speed maths = tables at least up to 25 (25 onwards use shortcuts) + square roots up to 30 (30 onwards use shortcuts) + cube roots up to 15 + numbers divisibility + quick calculation ( but don’t use pen/pencil while practicing speed maths )
Now how to prepare maths :
1. so first example :
Have u seen shopkeeper , they calculate their profit or loss within second or calculate large numbers within minute , interesting fact is that they calculate without any formulae of mathematics , why simple they use their practical knowledge , they use very simple approach instead of formulae and with regular uses shopkeeper mind work as small calculator.
Same way we have to develop or pressure our mind to work more practically instead of formulae.
So, why difficult question as we know simple one is also in examination paper , why depend on formulae as our mind calculate within second without formulae and lot of examples so try to solve maths paper as simple as possible.
2. Every particular subject wants DEEP ANALYSIS OF PREVIOUS YEAR PATTERN , just look above table , compare ibps po mains 2015 vs 2016 only 30 to 35 % question pattern change and almost 65 to 70 % remains constant.
3. For arithmetic start from basic , try to solve as many as question , make a diary of OWN shortcuts( every chapters consists of 7 to 10 types of questions / problems so try to make strong hold)
4. For data interpretation and series try to play with numbers . 50 % DI question solve with your way of observation, try to practice that your eyes identify the pattern of question.Make strong hold on average , percentage , ratio, and profit and loss and calculation of big numbers most important.
Now books :-
Now some illusion among aspirants :
Fear/illusion = I am not from maths background how to compete with engg./ maths students .
Fear/illusion = I am very weak in maths specially word problems
Reality = every students study maths till 10 standard/class and (ALMOST IN EVERY EXAMINATION MATHS STANDARD ARE UPTO CLASS 10)
Reality = most of the selected students are from Hindi back ground and non-maths background believe or not.
But how :-
“”Because they only focus on those things that they have”” .””not on those things that they have not”” . examination or competition just wants clear vision no doubt no confusion .
“Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt, only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent” . & “DON’T BE AFRAID OF CHANGE YOU MAY LOSE SOMETHING GOOD , BUT YOU MAY GAIN SOME THING BETTER”