Word-list from Newspapers
1. Drudgery – noun– Hard and constant work in any menial or dull occupation– कठिन परिश्रम
Synonyms – struggle, slavery
Antonyms – snap, entertainment
E.g. – A year or two of dull drudgery and few fees followed, and he began to be much depressed.
2. Unctuous – adjective– oily– मरहम का
Synonyms – obsequious, ingratiating
Antonyms – sincere, genuine
E.g. – Find me a politician without anunctuous personality, and I’ll pay you a million bucks!
3. Variegate – verb– To mark with different shades or colors – विचित्र
Synonyms – marble, striate
E.g. – Ancient people variegated their pots with natural pigments to make them attractive.
4.Trimness – noun–Neatness – स्वच्छता
Synonyms – purity, freshness
Antonyms – grininess, dirtiness
E.g. – The one remnant of her first trimnessis her beautifully brushed hair.
5. Thereabout – adjective– Near that number, quantity, degree, place, or time, approximately– के लगभग
Synonyms – around, almost
Antonyms – happiness, associate
E.g. – Up till 1870 or thereabouts, cotton seed was regarded as a positive nuisance upon the American plantation.
6. Supersede – verb– To displace– निकाल फेंकना
Synonyms – reject, succeed
Antonyms – support, summit
E.g. – The inventor claimed that it wouldsupersede the heliometer, but it has never done anything for astronomy.
7. Angelic – adjective– Saintly– दिव्य
Synonyms – ethereal, virtuous
Antonyms – demonic, wicked
E.g. – She is an angelic being!
8. Beseech – verb– To implore– प्रार्थना करना
Synonyms – crave, appeal
Antonyms – command, offer
E.g. – I will fall at his feet and beseech him.
9. Annalist – noun– Historian– वर्षक्रमिक
Synonyms – writer, professor
Antonyms – student, pupil
E.g. – The Chinese annalists state that they were a pastoral people who lived in the neighbourhood of the modern Kashgar.
10. Conformable – adjective– Harmonious – विनयशील
Synonyms – comparable, obedient
Antonyms – inappropriate, non-conforming
E.g. – Its distribution is much the same as that of the Upper Cambrian, with which it isconformable in many places.